Help with Downloading
How do I download my digital pattern?
After checkout, your order summary page will include a link to the page where you can immediately download your pattern files. You’ll also be sent an email receipt containing this link.
My pattern won’t download (iOS devices).
My pattern won’t download (computers).
Try the following:
- Clear the cache in your browser and restart it. Sometimes browsers get stuck trying to do multiple things at once and a simple “clear cache and restart” fixes it.
- Try a different browser than the one you are currently using. We recommend Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Buggy behaviors in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge are the source of many customer download problems so if either of these is your browser please try one of the three we recommend. Firefox is our favorite.
- Double-check your downloads folder for the file. Your browser may not have notified you of the download.
I lost my download link! I lost my pattern!
Please see the section on “Lost Digital Files” below.
Lost Digital Files
Help! I lost my pattern or download link.
From your account you will be able to view all orders and downloads associated with your email address.
Please note that download links expire after the allotted number of downloads have been used up.
our policy for lost patterns and files:
- While we provide you with a method of retrieving previous purchases, it is your responsibility to download and store your patterns promptly after your purchase.
- You are provided with the opportunity to download your patterns up to 4 times so be sure to save and backup your files. We cannot provide additional download links for lost or deleted files after these 4 downloads have been used up.
- Things happen. Computers and devices crash. Take the same precautions as you would with any other important files and keep a backup. Dropbox is a perfect (and free) way to store a copy of your files off of your computer’s hard drive or your mobile device.
Pattern Printing Help
Do you offer international versions for A4 printer paper?
No. Our pdfs are formatted in such a way that they will fit on both A4 and US Letter paper, and patterns are test printed on both.
When printing your pattern pieces, set the custom print scale to 100% to override default printing sizes.
If you are still having trouble, please use the free Adobe Reader and not Mac Preview or a browser pdf reader. Adobe has a much better print dialog.
My pattern isn’t printing properly.
Please make sure you are using Adobe Reader, which we recommend for all pattern printing. When printing your pdf or test square, set the print scale to 100% in the “Custom Size” area of the print dialog.
If the pattern still doesn’t print the test square to accurate size, try it again choosing “Actual Size” from the print menu.
If you printer skips or prints out multiple blank pages, this may be an issue with your printer. Please check your printer troubleshooting utility.
See also How to Use Digital Sewing Patterns.
Returns and Refund Policy
All Cloth Habit patterns are digital products only. Due to the instant and unreturnable nature of digital products, all sales are final and patterns cannot be exchanged for other patterns/sizes, returned or refunded.
Pattern Use & Errata
May I use your pattern in a sewing class or workshop?
We license patterns for in-person workshop use, but due to the nature of digital products we have a special policy for this. Please read through the workshop policy before planning your workshop, and then get in touch.
May we sell your patterns in our shop?
At this time, Cloth Habit digital patterns are not available for resale and are only distributed through our shop.
Do your patterns include seam allowances?
Yes, all patterns include seam allowances. These will be clearly noted at the top of the instructions. The allowances vary for the type of seam or elastic application. In the Harriet pattern, the seam lines (the actual stitching lines) are printed on the pattern pieces in order to facilitate easier adjustments.
May I sell garments made from your patterns?