Cloth Habit patterns are digital downloads, which means you can instantly download and print at your convenience! Follow the instructions below for the best results in printing.
Note: If you have any questions about how to purchase or are having trouble downloading one of my sewing patterns, visit the Pattern FAQ page.
Open Your Pattern
Once you download your pattern, double click on the zip file. A folder will open next to it and contains several pdfs:
- A booklet with step-by-step instructions.
- The sewing pattern pdfs.
- “Read Me” pdf (included with some patterns).
Print Your Pattern
Note: If you are printing a bra pattern, don’t forget to check the size guide in your pattern. This will give you specific pages to print for your desired size. (It’ll save you paper!)
- Open your pattern in a pdf reader. For best printing results, please use Adobe Reader. (It’s free.)
- Click to print and set your printing scale to 100% in the print dialog. (Very important! Some print dialogs also give you the option for “Actual Size”, which doesn’t always print at the correct scale.)
- Print the first page of your pattern. This is a test square. Measure the square to ensure you are printing at the correct size.
- Once you have determined you are printing at the correct scale, go ahead and print the rest of your pattern.
Tape Pieces Together and Cut
Some bra patterns and sizes do not require any taping. In these cases, your pattern pieces will fit entirely on one page and you can cut them without having to piece anything together. For those patterns that require taping:
- Cut away the borders at the black lines.
- Line up the pieces together at the numbered diamonds and tape together.
- Cut your pattern pieces.
Enjoy sewing your Cloth Habit pattern!
Are you having trouble opening your files? Please check the following:
- Are you trying to click on your download link with a mobile device, such as an iPhone, iPad, Android or other smart phone? If so, please read the top of the Pattern FAQ.
- Are you trying to open the file in Microsoft Word, Adobe Illustrator, or other editing software? Please note that patterns can only be opened in a pdf reader.