March is Scarcely Here

A Color stands abroad
On Solitary Fields
That Science cannot overtake
But Human Nature feels.

It waits upon the Lawn,
It shows the furthest Tree
Upon the furthest Slope you know
It almost speaks to you.

Then as Horizons step
Or Noons report away
Without the Formula of sound
It passes and we stay —

A quality of loss
Affecting our Content
As Trade had suddenly encroached
Upon a Sacrament.

{Emily Dickinson}

There will be no Lingerie Friday today. This weekend begins…. begins so many things. March, as we say, is an energy-shifter. Austin grows twice its size during SXSW. Friends arrive from England, Derek’s birthday aka St. Patrick’s Day, and in the midst we are MOVING. Our friends are here to help us with that, God bless them. Spring has such a fast approach, and I don’t want to miss a moment of its goodness.

But I can’t wait till we are fully moved back into our house. The last year and a half we’ve been in a rental with no character while we did some remodels. Our house is a teeny cottage, cute and old (for Texas) and it has a personality. I’ll just have to figure out where to put all the sewing equipment that has grown (I mean seriously grown) over the last two years. I need like magic pulleys to store things on the ceiling.

Anyways, hopefully I won’t get too silent around here, but y’all know how moving goes!

Comments

1. Sallie March 8, 2013 at 9:50 am #

Good luck with the move! I would love to see some sneak peeks around your place – I love those little “old” Texas cottages. But of course, take your time settling back in, moving is stressful enough without having to blog about it!

• Amy March 8, 2013 at 1:35 pm #

I definitely will! It’s more fun taking pictures there, and says more about me than where we’ve been living. :)

2. Mariann March 8, 2013 at 12:27 pm #

Love you Amy. Hope your move goes well. Happy Birthday to Derek and hope his trip to NZ was a success.

• Amy March 8, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

Thanks, Mom ;). It was, but this is all back to back so he is the one having to keep his head on straight!

3. Heather Lou March 8, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

Oh moving. Fuck it all to hell. I am sending you some “get through it intact” love vibes. I second Sallie in the house peeking. I’ll share if you do!

• Amy March 8, 2013 at 1:38 pm #

I love seeing your place. It definitely inspired me to work more on mine. And organizationally, too…

4. maddie March 8, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

Wow. You definitely have a busy March ahead of you. Before you know it though, you’ll be all moved and May will be here. Stay sane lady.

5. Amy March 9, 2013 at 11:21 pm #

If you figure out a good pulley system, let me know. I’m in need of one, too. A one bedroom apartment and a sewing hobby don’t mix very well… Hope all goes smoothly!!

6. Ginger March 10, 2013 at 12:24 am #

Good luck with the move and the corresponding chaos! March is a nice time of the year to nest (or re-nest, in your case). Happy new-and-improved home!

7. Stephanie March 10, 2013 at 8:34 pm #

Good luck with your move! I’d love to see your place as well. You have such great taste!

8. Kazz March 12, 2013 at 1:18 am #

Hope the move flows nice and smoothly and that you can find smart storage solutions for all your fancy sewing bits n bobs. I shall keep an eagle eye on my Reader for your return back in to lingerie making land. :)

9. Denise April 20, 2013 at 5:28 pm #

I absolutely love your blog, your projects and your personality. Thank you so much for sharing. You are a super inspiration. Good job!